Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Wishing lots of love...


...to all the wonderful mums out there.



Vanilla Sugar Cookies

Ingredients:
¾ cup caster sugar
¾ cup butter (about 170g), softened
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon cream of tartar

Directions:
1. In a medium mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, mix well.
2. Mix together dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir in butter+egg mixture until ingredients are well blended. Shape dough into a ball with your hands, cover and refrigerate for about 40 minutes, or until dough is workable.
3. Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line baking trays with baking sheets.
4. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and roll thinly, about ¼ inch. Cut into desired shapes. Bake around 10 minutes, or until lightly golden.

Happy Mother's Day Mummy!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww those are so cute! I'd almost feel bad eating them :P

Anonymous said...

Hi Bee Nee, I came over from Mike's place and wanted to introduce myself. Looks like we have a common interest: food. ;) I faved you on Technorati and will be keeping an eye on your blog.

zeezee said...

wah.. this is so nice to look at. I wanna learn this n bake this for my mum too!!

Beans said...

mike: they're quite addictive really once you get over the cuteness and start eating them =P

mark: thanks for the support!

zeezee: you should make them for your mum, I'm sure she'll love it. Anything homemade are always appreciated by mums =)

Peony said...

hi, you have a lovely blog here too.
wish my daughters can cook like you.
will def. try your cookie recipe and post in my blog.

Beans said...

peony: thanks for stopping by =)

Anonymous said...

I want to eat. Can I? :)

Beans said...

jayce: you can... after you make some. hehe...

Anonymous said...

I wanna eat kuih bangkit too..wait, and baulu, and talams oo..so many, your mini heart shape cookies are so cute :PP