Friday, February 24, 2012
Delicious mixed in mashed potatoes, to add some spice in pasta sauces, as a dip, or mix into butter for the most awesome garlic bread spread.
2-3 Whole garlic bulbs
Dried/fresh herbs of your choice e.g. thyme, rosemary
Foil pieces each large enough to wrap one garlic bulb
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Chop of tops of garlic bulbs until garlic is showing, don't need to peel garlic.
3. Place one garlic bulb in each piece of foil cut side up.
4. Drizzle generously with olive oil, top with herbs, cover with foil.
5. Place foil packets on baking trays, bake for 30-45 mins until garlic is golden brown.
6. Wait for garlic to cool, separate from skin by sqeezing out the softened garlic segments.
Thursday, February 23, 2012
½ cup butter
2⁄3 cup sugar
¼ cup honey
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
¾ cup cornmeal
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ cup milk
¾ cup frozen corn (I used one can sweetcorn kernels)
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
2. Mix buter, sugar honey, eggs and salt into a large bowl.
3. Add flour, cornmeal and baking powder, blend throughly.
4. Add milk while mixing.
5. Add corn and mix in.
6. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
7. Bake 20-25 mins until light golden brown.
Quick, yummy, easy to make.