Sunday, July 15, 2007

Favourite Food: Chinese Fruit Rojak

I'm really, really so fabulously slow when it comes to tags. Ipohchai tagged me with this favourite food thingy months ago and only I'm doing it now. My apologies =P

This is one thing I really do miss when I'm in the UK and it's something that's like absolutely impossible to find there making it even more special. Delicious chinese fruit rojak with all the works. No where else in the whole world can you find just the perfect combination of rojak sauce, chilli paste and prawn paste.

And since I don't get to eat it so often I always order the 'special' large portion, extra deep fried 'yau char kwai' crackers. Gotta love that crunch! The 'special' portion also comes with pieces of boiled squid and dried cuttlefish! Such a wonderful blend of flavors. I feel like eating rojak now...

Ah well, there's always tomorrow =)


Rojak "Special" in a very filled styrofoam pack.



Transfer rojak to a bigger bowl for easier eating.



This is what you're looking for.


This stall's located in Damansara Uptown.
The guy's usually there from late afternoon till evening.




Other bloggers who submitted this Favourite Food thingy:


Am not naming anyone to pass this on to, as usual it's up for grabs to all. But do remember to link all the other bloggers that have participated.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend =)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

woah.. after a long anticipation, finally I get to see your fav!
yummy rojak!

Anonymous said...

huhu...when I buy rojak, usually i pay for extra biscuit. me loves the biscuit very very much, it's like the highlight of my rojak

Anonymous said...

the 1st picture look like Mua chee...cos there are nut on the top

Simple American said...

Can I get summore rojak in a bigger-er bowl. I'm a big guy so need to eat more. *slurps*

Beans said...

ipohchai: Yes. Finally... Hehe. Worth the wait right?

xin: Exactly... the more crunch the better!

icalvyn: Trust me. IF you could smell it it smells nothing like mua chee =P

simple american: Get a special extra extra large portion! =P

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm...me love rojak, fruit rojak especially... :-)

Beans said...

gallivanter: mmmmmmm... fruit rojak gooood.... =P