Makes 2 omelettes
2 'lap cheong' Chinese sausage, skin removed and thinly sliced
Half an onion, thinly sliced and pieces separated (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a frying pan, fry half the sausage and onion till onion is lightly browned. No oil required as the sausage is already oily.
2. While the sausage is frying, beat the 5 eggs well with salt and pepper, the sausage is salty so add less salt than you usually would.
3. Pour half the egg mixture into pan over the sausage.
4. Let cook until egg is no longer liquid, about 2 mins, then flip over to brown the other side.
5. Repeat steps for second omelette.
On a side note, I have yet to master the art of flipping eggs and pancakes without a spatula no matter how many YouTube videos I watch.