¾ cup butter (around 170g), softened
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
200g of your favorite eating chocolate (bittersweet, dark, white, milk), cut into chunks. If you’re using a sweeter chocolate such as milk and white like I did, you might want to reduce the amount of sugar slightly.
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Line baking trays with greased baking sheets.
2. Cream together butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl till smooth. Add in egg and vanilla, mix well.
3. Toss in the dry ingredients (except for the chocolate chunks). Mix well. Add in chocolate chunks and gently stir in.
4. Drop mixture by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets, slightly spaced apart. Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. Cool cookies and eat! I personally love them fresh out of the oven when the chocolate chunks are still nice and gooey. Yum.
Thursday, April 05, 2007
Choc Chunk Cookie.