Made with raspberry jam from a jar, of course.
Neatly stamped out tart bases.
Jam Tart Recipe
250g butter, softened
100g caster sugar
450g all-purpose flour
30g milk powder
1 extra egg, beaten (for egg wash)
1. Preheat oven to 170C. Line cookie trays with baking paper.
2. Cream butter, sugar and 1 egg. Add in sifted flour and milk powder, mix well to form a dough.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough till about 1/2 centimetre thick. Using a mould, stamp out tart shapes.
4. Using a pastry brush, lightly brush all the exposed edges of the tart with the beaten egg. The egg wash will give the pastry it's golden, shiny surface.
5. Fill tarts with jam. Bake for 15 minutes or until pastry is a rich, golden brown.
And not like this.
Pretty jam tarts in rows.
Home-made Pineapple Jam