Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Fresh, Yummy Seafood.

Less than an hour’s drive away from the University of Essex (if you don't get lost). *Jumps for joy* Reasonable prices too. Less than 15 GBP each for us to stuff ourselves silly with fresh seafood. I’ll let the photos do the talking.

Seafood platter, around 8GPB. Sweet, juicy crabs and shrimp (both peeled and unpeeled, I felt that the unpeeled one tasted sweeter), prawns, mussels, and cockles.

Smoked salmon and smoked mackerel which came with the seafood platter (not too salty, just the way I like it)

Lobster, 13GPB. Mmm… (I like this photo too, very yin-yangish)



Grilled oyster with cheese 1.20GPB each.

Clean platter. And piles of empty shells. Also, five satisfied tummies (not in photo).

Very low frills place, they really seem to focus on their seafood. One main method of preparation; boiled and chilled fresh seafood served with fresh lemon slices. Why spoil really fresh seafood by dressing it up with sauces? Their menu also has a limited selection of hot grilled seafood, as well as salad which I’ve been told is a recent addition. As for drinks, bring your own, as well as bread if you want to. Cutlery’s provided though I don’t know anyone who would have the patience to use them. We certainly didn’t. Lol.

Now if only I had a car.. Anyone want to drive me there again? I’m too lazy to take the bus. Though I honestly think I would the next time I need a seafood fix.

The Company Shed,
129 Coast Road,
West Mersea,
Essex.
Tel: 01206 382700.

Humph. After I told my dad about this place he said he’d rather go there than come for my graduation next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the seafood looks really fresh!! i'm almost rejuvenated by just looking at them. hey, bee nee u should take pics of you wolfing them down..now that would be fascinating! hahaha... :)

Beans said...

irving, uhm.. I'll skip the pics of me stuffing my face thank you. Lol. You can view the live version if you buy me more fresh seafood. Hehe..