Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day.

Non-food related post.

Happy Valentine's Day
No Mr. Bear is not edible.
But he's the only Valentine-ny photo that I have.


On this special day, I'll be showering all my tender love and care on a 4000 word assignment. Whee.

So I'll leave the rest of you to celebrate on my behalf. And while I'm avoiding my assignment I shall ramble on for a slightly longer post. My well blended list of mush peppered with dashes of cynicism:-

I am one of those people that believe that you shouldn't just spend only one day a year showing your other half how much you care. Make every day count. Heck, make every moment count.

Small gestures count.
A brief call, a simple text, a short IM left for that special person to find when she wakes up the next morning and turns on her computer can make her day. Seriously. Sounds to simple to be true? It works.

Flowers die. Memories you make together don't.
(Yes, I'm rather unappreciative of flowers, but doesn't mean I don't like recieving them.) I prefer shiny objects, diamonds ARE a girl's best friend.

But seriously folks, gifts don't have to cost the earth.
Handmade ones are far far more meaningful and so much more valuable. How about some handmade cookies made with a recipe from this blog? A cake maybe? Heh heh.

"I love you" is a phrase that can never ever be overused no matter how many times you say it.
However, you can't take it back once it's out there. At least not without causing hurt. Even when you don't mean to, it happens. Use your words wisely. You'll never know who might be listening.

I am a romantic at heart. Honest!

Thus ends my list of cliches. This only happens once a year. Guess I am affected a little by Valentine's Day after all.


Final bit of mush. I shall end with one of my latest favourite mushy quotes:

"I never imagined I'd know it for myself. My heart... It feels like my chest can barely contain it. Like it's trying to escape because it doesn't belong to me any more. It belongs to you. And if you wanted it, I'd wish for nothing in exchange - no gifts. No goods. No demonstrations of devotion. Nothing but knowing you loved me too. Just your heart, in exchange for mine. "

(Yvaine, played by Claire Danes, Stardust 2007)



Now if only my assignment was as easy as writing this post.


What are your plans this Valentine's Day?


P.S. LDRs suck.

P.P.S. I know you never read my blog, but I miss you.


Edit: Just another quote from the same person, same movie, which I think is quite true.

"I know that love is unconditional. But I also know that it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing"

End.

No comments: